Summary: Looking for smart Valentine gift ideas for Senior Citizens that are practical and show that you really care? This is your 1 stop Valentine gift resource/guide. Kindly read on as we guide you down the page to make the smart, right and thoughtful choice.
The feast of St. Valentine is just around the corner – and it’s time to show the Seniors/elderly in your life that you really care about them by thoughtfully selecting awesome gifts and present that would awe and impress them (at the same time).
However, the process of selecting an ideal and thought-provoking gift for a Senior Citizen or an elderly person is not exactly simple or easy. The challenges are quite enormous and even with the best intentions; you actually risk buying and offering a gift that is practically useless!
To spare you (and your elderly loved ones) this agony, we have decided to feature 5 smart gift ideas that are sure to impress its elderly recipients and ensure that they also find, overall, awesome use for them.
These valentine gift ideas, remember, are suggested because:
- They are Senior friendly. This means that both Seniors and the elderly can use them without any challenge.
- These gift ideas are durable…for many years to come, the recipient will surely be using them without any challenge.
- Finally, these gifts are thoughtful and serve a very practical purpose in the lives of the elderly recipient. It is thus easy to see that, giving them any of these gifts will surely make their lives a ton easier.
Here we go:
- Valentine Gift Ideas for Senior Citizens: Our Top 5 Picks
- 1. JTD Wireless RF Item Locator/Key Finder with LED Flashlight (Unisex)
- 2. Tree of Life 4x Magnifier Magnifying Glass Sliding Top Magnet Pendant Necklace (Female)
- 3. La Crosse Technology S88907 Vertical Wireless Color Forecast Station with Temperature Alerts (Unisex)
- 4. Good Morning Love of My Life #169 – Funny Humor Ceramic 11oz Color Changing Coffee Mug Cup (Unisex)
- 5. Muggies Papa Mug/Best Husband Ever Coffee Mug (Male)
- Wrap Up: Did You Get the Ideal Gift You Were Looking for?
Valentine Gift Ideas for Senior Citizens: Our Top 5 Picks
Here are our top 5 (five) best gifts that you can offer your loved ones who are elderly this Valentine, come February 14th.
Please, note that some of the gift ideas below are ideal for a specific sex while others are unisex. For each suggestion, we will indicate whether it is ideal/suitable for both sexes or only ideal for a particular sex.
1. JTD Wireless RF Item Locator/Key Finder with LED Flashlight (Unisex)
If you spend a day with a Senior (or just a few hours), you will note an amazing truth: they all forget like its second nature.
This Valentine, why not make the life of a Senior Citizen who is either a friend, spouse or relative easier?
This is exactly what the JTD Wireless RF Item Locator/Keyfinder with LED Flashlight is all about.
Essentially, this smart device helps Senior Citizens/the elderly find things that they easily misplace on a daily basis within the house: keys, phones, remote controls, purses/wallets or reading glasses.
Here’s a quick summary of this novel RF item locator:
- Includes 4 receivers, one transmitter and key rings with a 75-130 feet range.
- The loud beeping sound & flashlight on the receiver will lead you to your lost item.
- Low consumption and long standby time with stable frequency technique.
- Free lifetime technical support from the manufacture and free 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty from JTD.
- Wireless search that easily penetrates though walls, cushions and doors with a push of a button.
This, we are dead certain, deserves the number one spot on the list of the Valentine gift ideas for Senior Citizens.
With its thoughtfulness and the reality that Seniors forget a lot, wouldn’t you agree?
2. Tree of Life 4x Magnifier Magnifying Glass Sliding Top Magnet Pendant Necklace (Female)
Naturally, most Seniors have a challenge with their eyesight.
Unfortunately, not all elderly persons (who have a challenge with their eyesight) love the concept of wearing glasses, especially women. To tackle this, why not offer a Valentine present that covers fashion as well as serves this very important magnifying glass need?
Believe us, the elderly woman you gift this magnifying glass necklace to is less likely to forget it, even in a hurry. And of course, if they do not forget, it means that they can easily read anything, irrespective of whether they have their glasses with them or not 🙂
Here’s a quick summary of the specs of this magnifying glass necklace, perfect – and thoughtful for the older lady as an ideal Valentine gift:
- This necklace measures 30 inches long with a 2.5 inch extender.
- It also slides open to expose unobstructed magnifying glass, when you desire to put it to use.
- The necklace cover slides back into place with magnet (right after use).
- Features 4x magnification, Pendant measures 1.75 inches in diameter – which is perfect for a variety of reading and vision needs.
- Comes in gift box with non-tarnish white cotton – ready to gift!
It is hard to imagine that any older lady would not fall in love with this; it is also difficult to see how this pendant would not serve the intended need in both the long and short while.
It is the perfect, Valentine gift for the Senior lady 🙂
Recommended Reading: Best Easter Gift Ideas for Seniors & the Elderly
3. La Crosse Technology S88907 Vertical Wireless Color Forecast Station with Temperature Alerts (Unisex)
The cold Winter chills still hold supreme in many parts of the world as late as February 14th. This makes going out a very risky business, especially for Seniors and the elderly.
To make this easy for your loved ones who are well past 60 and for whom such a situation is particularly tricky, why don’t you get them the La Crosse Technology S88907 Vertical Wireless Color Forecast Station with Temperature Alerts?
This wireless weather station does not only tell the weather as it is at the moment, it also goes a mile ahead to actually forecast the weather!
This means that, your elderly loved ones can now plan their outings carefully, especially during the Winter, checking out the date and time it is ideal to go out and the ones it is not, all thanks to you.
Isn’t this just plain amazing and lovely?
Here are some of the top features/specs of this weather station we know and trust will excite you and the special one you are going to gift it to this Valentine:
- Color forecast icons with pressure tendency.
- Monitors indoor & wireless outdoor temperature (F/C) & humidity.
- WWVB self setting time and date with automatic daylight saving time updates.
- Adjustable backlight. Temperature alerts (in/out).
- Weather Station: 6.1” W x 9.6” H x 1.06” D.
We think this gift would be perfect…what do you think?
4. Good Morning Love of My Life #169 – Funny Humor Ceramic 11oz Color Changing Coffee Mug Cup (Unisex)
Who says love amongst the old/elderly should be devoid of fun and pleasant surprises?
If you had such a notion, the Good Morning Love of My Life #169 – Funny Humor Ceramic 11oz Color Changing Coffee Mug Cup is determined to change it in a pleasant and surprising manner.
This special mug will sure wow the love of your life – whether he/she has been resistant to gifts/the entire concept of Valentine 🙂
Sincerely, this mug pleasantly surprised the hell out of us when we tested it out. We certain you’re going to love it to no end especially the fond memories it will elicit anytime your loved ones decide to take tea or sip hot coffee and the writing, “Good morning, love of my life” stare them straight in the face.
How does that sound?
Here are the specs/smart features of this mug:
- Mug appears black. Add hot liquid and reveal the print!
- Changes Color! Just Add Hot Water!
- Safe For The Microwave (not dishwasher safe though).
You may even wind up ordering another piece of this mug for yourself when you see the power of this one in action 🙂
5. Muggies Papa Mug/Best Husband Ever Coffee Mug (Male)
The very last recommendation for a perfect Valentine gift idea for Seniors is a mug (two mugs actually), super ideal either for a dad or a husband.
The first mug (Muggies Papa Mug) is ideal for a father and carries with it very positive emotions that any father would be proud to keep in close, smile at and drink from, always.
The second mug (the Best Husband Ever Coffee Mug) is equally super ideal and conveys not just emotions, but a very deep sense of respect to the one who married you and who you call, ‘husband’.
Despite the fact that your husband is a Senior Citizen, it is very difficult to imagine that any man (irrespective of his age) would not be immensely proud of a wife that goes well out of her way to ensure that he appreciates the man in her life.
…and, what better way is there to offer/keep such a reminder than offering it via a gift that will be used on a daily basis?
Recommended Reading: Best Fitness Trackers for Seniors
Wrap Up: Did You Get the Ideal Gift You Were Looking for?
Getting the best Valentine gift ideas for Seniors (or anyone else for that matter) is not an easy task.
This is because, the people in our lives and the ones we love are all different, each with their own unique preferences and tastes. In that wise, we understand that our recommendations here, why smart and apt, may not be the best fit for your particular situation.
In that case, we apologize – and will refer you directly to Amazon so that you can search the plethora of gift ideas there yourself.
However, we sincerely hope that this guide was of use to you and actually helped you get the ideal gift for your loved one.
Enjoy a fun-filled and passionate Valentine!